Wondering what UK online payment gateways are compatible with ecommerce solution Shopify? Here are the best ones to use!
An online payment gateway helps you process payments from your customers via your online store or ecommerce website. When choosing one, the commission rate and price are important, but it is also important to see what kind of feature they offer.
There are a number of features to consider when choosing an online payment gateway:
- Transaction fees (a small percentage or a monthly fee)
- Card types (Usually all payment gateways accept Mastercard, VISA, and American Express)
- Fraud prevention
- Offsite checkout (for example, SagePay, WorldPay, and more).
When you build your Shopify store, you will need to set up a Merchant Account and a Payment Gateway to allow your business to accept payments (credit, debit cards, and more).
Shopify Payments (which are powered by Stripe) is an out-of-the-box solution that comes with your Shopify store. Ecommerce solution Shopify offers a few different plans to choose from Basic Shopify, Shopify, Advanced Shopify, and Shopify Plus.
The Shopify platform offers lots of online payment gateways suitable to UK businesses and brands. Let’s take a look:
- 2Checkout (Setup is free, there are no monthly costs, and transaction fees vary)
- Authorize.Net (The set up will cost you $49, the monthly costs are around $25, and the transactions fees vary).
- Bancontact via Mollie (the transaction fee is 2.8%)
- iDEAL via Mollie (the transaction fee is 2.8%)
- SOFORT Banking via Mollie (the transaction fee is 2.8%)
- Checkout.com (Setup is free, there are no monthly costs, and the transaction fee is POA)
- eBay Payment Solutions (The setup costs from 599-999 DDK, the monthly cost is 99DDK, while transaction fee is DDK 0.25).
- G2A Pay (POA setup, monthly cost, and transaction fee)
- Mondido Payments (there are no set up or monthly costs, the transactions fees vary)
- PAYMILL (there are no set up or monthly costs, the transaction fees is 1.9% – 2.6% +10p)
- SagePay (The set up cost is 20.90/45 to POA for large businesses and enterprises, POA monthly costs).
- WorldPay (POA set up costs, monthly costs, and transaction fees).
Our top recommendation is Shopify Payments – it offers the best rates on the market, it is powered by Stripe and has plenty of options with different rates available.
The Shopify platform uses 25 different Online Payment Gateways in the UK alone.